Does your vision – personal, professional, or both – send a shiver down your spine when you think or talk about it?
What if it did?
What would it take?
As a professional speaker, a wise person once told me, “Jeff, if you look out at your audience, and they look bored, you’re boring them”.
To me, this means if I’m bored with my thinking, and not motivated, excited or inspired enough, it’s my responsibility to take action.
There are many ways to figure this out. It happened to me and I’m applying my best efforts to, as Gandhi said, “You must become the change you wish to see in the world”.
What about you?
Thank goodness it’s Monday. Bring it on. Carpe diem, jungle jeff 🙂
A comment on yesterday’s jungle jeff post started me thinking.
His question to me was, “No Pixie Dust”?
It was “missing” from my personal Leadership Top Ten List.
He made a good point and I thought for a moment, “How could I have forgotten Pixie Dust”?
Then, just as quickly, if not faster, the answer hit me.
Pixie Dust IS Passion. Period.
What’s Magic about the way Disney does things is their PASSION to:
- Create the highest quality products and services.
- To stay focused on why they are in business – to serve their Guests
- To stay disciplined to “keep their eye on the ball” – Quality
Passion IS Pixie Dust.
Always was. Always will be. Thank you Walt Disney for your vision.
By the way, Vision and Passion are my respective number one & two top leadership values.
Guess what’s number three? Communication!
Looks like a coincidence, doesn’t it? The harder you work, the luckier you get.
Carpe diem, jungle jeff 🙂
PS. Does your own Vision send shivers down your spine?
PSS. What if it did? Can you comprehend that? I hope so. 🙂
jungle jeff’s top ten list:
Today, my personal Leadership recipe:
- Vision – number one, it must be compelling, and impossible
- Passion – passion is unlike yeast, we need a ton of passion
- Communication – more is better; daily
- Confidence – people love someone who believes “all the way”
- Structure – how great work gets done effectively, and quickly
- Teamwork – together, everyone achieves more
- Innovation – fancy word for creativity; implementing creative ideas
- Measurement – you can’t improve what you don’t measure
- Results – this is why we are in business
- Fun – do what you love
Mix with courage, or, an indomitable will, and you have the opportunity to achieve what others say can’t be done.
Carpe diem, jungle jeff 🙂
Disney Institute & Tour de France. Anything in common?
Yes. What then? Team work.
I watched some of the team time trial Tuesday. Lance Armstrong’s team Astana, finished the 42 kilometer race first, by a fraction of a second.
It is quite common to think that Le Tour de France is an individual sport. The fact is, it’s a team sport, with each nine-man team trying to have one of their members be the overall Tour de France champion.
The Disney Institute is the most amazing team of individuals, all focused on winning, just like Lance Armstrong’s team.
There is one difference I’d like to point out though. Disney Institute doesn’t win unless their Customers win.
Make it a great day, because if you don’t, who will? Carpe diem, jungle jeff 🙂