Almost every successful person begins with two beliefs: the future can be better than the present, and I have the power to make it so. – Vala Afshar
Summarized understanding of challenges and opportunities from our Summer talks:
- It’s clear the frontline has great communication with direct leader but there is poor communication perception with senior leadership
- Owning the message is an opportunity – if a decision doesn’t make sense, then it’s okay to push back
- Lack of trust for absence of being transparent – it’s easier to play it safe
- Stop being short-sighted from a cost perspective
- People stop asking because the answer will be no
- Not looking at everything through the patient’s eyes
- In Town Hall we got the eye roll,” Here we go again” on patient experience
- How do we work together when we used to compete
- Recent significant leadership reorg – one property not prepared, the other it was better
- The Whole Care Experience is AHS’s drive for consistency with history, mission, vision, standards
- Some Ad Council leaders were promoted and others were demoted (title only)
The above create a significant opportunity to rally around The Whole Care Experience in an inspiring, motivating, and exciting way.
• • • • •
This website is about our WORK. To ponder today’s post about our HQ, click here.
If you want to stay on this site and read more posts from this Blog, click here.