Wrote this draft 1.5 years ago and here it is for the 1st time, but the photo was taken yesterday…
As of today, July 29, 2009, I’ve posted 190 jungle jeff blog entries, plus dozens of tips in the PAGES column.
Every single jungle jeff blog post, I believe without exception, has at least one, and most likely, multiple hyperlinks leading where?
One cyber-destination, and one cyber-destination only.
Effective immediately, that will no longer happen.
10 Things I’ll miss about not using social media to promote my workplace on jungle jeff:
- Everything 🙂
- The solace a person feels when they know they’ve done their absolute best
- Showcasing the depth and breadth of my workplace’s offerings
- Developing trust with jungle jeff readers
- Building relationships (see #4)
- Showing what’s possible to those around me
- Engaging potential consumers
- Spreading the word, to the world
- The potential to experiment, professionally, with the various free, web 2.0 tools
- Getting great results
Effective August 1, 2009, I will be writing about how my career choice has made me a better person.
Additionally, effective immediately, I will remove all hyperlinks, posts, You Tube videos and any other references. It just makes sense, until an official social media policy is in writing.
Thanks to the three leaders who approved this reasonable experiment. A great learning and development tool – for all of us.