Found this speaker’s talk on becoming a better writer very interesting. For a great writer, she is also a very good speaker. And when Beth began talking about running – like a boss – was compelled to write this post….
When was the last time we thought about leadership everyday for a whole week (or month, or year)?
And by think about it, let’s be clear and say this:
- Our responsibility to get better at it
- Our relative effectiveness, if we could measure it
- Our preoccupation with how important it is
- Our preoccupation with how important our every move is
- Coaching, counseling, teaching others (everyday, remember)
When was a week like that?
When was a month like that?
When was a year like that?
Every dang day.
Not until then will any of us (ever) make dramatic leaps in our leadership.