It’s not the Magic that makes it work, it’s the work that makes it Magic.
Jody Maberry arrives in 36 hours for Lee Cockerell’s Orlando Mastermind event on Saturday. He’s arriving a day early to record a bunch of If Disney Ran Your Life podcasts with at Walt Disney World.
Here’s a rough agenda:
- Casting – even though i was interviewed in Pennsylvania in 1981, and in 1984, the Casting Center was in the DISC Building by Disney University
- Disney University – official first day as a Cast Member (CM), and second job at Cast Activities in 1982)
- Jungle Cruise – very first role in the show 1982
- Mickey’s Retreat 1982
- River Country (RC), first job as a full-time, permanent CM 1984
- Polynesian – worked Overtime (OT) at Marina 1984
- Emporium – worked six weeks in 1985 while RC was down for rehab
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort – March 1985, transfered out of Recreation asap because Michael Eisner wanted to build a new Hotel every year for the next 20 years.
- DMDP – Disney’s Village Resort Front Office 1987 (DMDP = Disney’s Management Development Program).
- RSA (Resort Special Activities) 1988-1990 firsr leadership role – many grand openings (CBR, Dolphin, Dick Tracy world premier, PI, Typhoon Lagoon, Norway, Morocco, Studios, Star Tours, etc).
- Disney’s Yacht Club – opening team 1990
- Disney’s Beach Club 1990 – 1992 opening team Front Office
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort – Conceirge 1992-1996
- Disney’s Village Resort – Front Office 1996-1998
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort (2nd tour of duty) – Front Desk 1998-1999
- Disney Institute – 1999-2014
- Retired – 10.31.14 Napa Room, Disney’s Contemporary Resort
• • • • •
This website is about our WORK. To ponder today’s post about our HQ, click here.
If you want to stay on this site and read more posts from this Blog, click here.