Couple years ago Mike Simmons interviewed me for his Podcast. It was a few months into the 2019 reality Covid wasn’t going away. Here’s the summary:
- What is mindset? Our habitual attitude.
- What are common mistakes we make about mindset? Not being intentional about our sources/influences. Not being present nor motivated enough to improve.
- Why do we make these mistakes? Entertained, distracted and medicated. Herd mentality – if everyone is this way, it must be ok.
- How can we avoid these mistakes? Establish a clear, concise, and compelling goal that can only be achieved by dramatically raising your standards. A goal so compelling it trumps “Why am i doing all this hard work?” Because your attitude is worth defending.
- How does mindset change, in the context of remote work from home? It doesn’t. Period. Of course there’s change, but change is nothing new – it’s the constant fabric of life.
- How does this change in Team context? Remote work highlights a focus requiring you to teach, not just through your example, but through intentional efforts to teach using VIP model – Very Individual Person model. Go the extra inch with your team(s), boss, peers.
- How does this change in Customer context? Now is not the time to start fawning and communicating like crazy with your customers. The time to do that was everyday before Covid-19.
- How does this change in Self context? Nothing changes, except this…you automatically gave yourself a grade for how prepared you are right now. You should be getting an A. If Disney Ran Your Life, operating below excellent levels would not be acceptable.
- Resources: Podcast, TED Talk, MLC book, LinkedIn. Twitter.
• • • • •
This website is about our WORK. To ponder today’s post about our HOME, click here.