This photo is great, all the way up to the point when my conscience demands, “So what?”
So what am i going to do with this information, feel good?
No really, this is a ridiculously serious question and my answer matters.
Feeling good does nothing for transforming my business or my life.
In every case, prevailing and traditional thought lowers my bar about what’s possible.
Follow the tried and true, right?
Don’t mess with the recipe for success.
The gurus and experts hand us the tried and true recipes.
You’re joking, right?
This is where the inspiring photo made me pause and take stock.
i, jeff noel, a keynote speaker, may not be an Uber or Facebook, but in the Professional Speaking world, i’m on a journey in the opposite direction of the tired and true professional speaker best practices.
So what have i done with, you know, “feeling good” about disruption?
1. My website is an acoustic version. Boarding on amateurish. Why? Because i’m not trying to impress you with graphic design.
2. No one (that i’ve ever seen) lists their speaking fees. On the first click after landing on my site, boom, there they are. My fees are high enough to scare most people away. Perfect.
3. No video clips of me speaking. Gasp….oh my goodness, are you nuts?
4. No email subscription list. Double gasp. Why? Most people can’t keep up. Decision makers aren’t subscribing to email lists; they don’t have the bandwidth.
5. i don’t share my content online. Rather, visitors discover clear, concise, and compelling questions, paradox, and common sense. The karma is that i solve for what most consider unsolvable. But i do it in person, for a fee. It’s more than fair. In fact, it’s game changing.
Here’s the bottomline: If you are going to preach that you offer something different and impactful, start with your online personality. Predictable and acceptable? Unpredictable and intriguing?
On April Fool’s Day 2009, jeff noel began writing five daily, differently-themed blogs (on five different sites). It was to be a 100-day self-imposed “writer’s bootcamp”, in preparation for writing his first book. He hasn’t missed a single day since.
This website is about our career health. To leave this site to read today’s post on my home health website, click here.